Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Best MPAA Ratings of 2001

For all the time I spend on IMDB, I come across a lot of MPAA ratings, some of which are quite funny, or oddly descriptive, or distinctly abstract, or using a word I find funny, or anything in between.
Here are my favorite one's from 2001.

Note: BoxOfficeMojo lists 356 movies in 2001. Even though that is significantly fewer than later years, I'm not checking all of them. I'm sure I missed some. Feel free to let me know (because I know this is inspiring so many of you to start hunting for them^).


Shrek - Rated PG for mild language and some crude humor

Pearl Harbor - Rated PG-13 for sustained intense war sequences, images of wounded, brief sensuality and some language

Cats & Dogs - Rated PG for animal action and humor

Training Day - Rated R for brutal violence, pervasive language, drug content and brief nudity

Scary Movie 2 - Rated R for strong sexual and gross humor, graphic language and some drug content

Kate & Leopold - Rated PG-13 for brief strong language

Thir13en Ghosts - Rated R for horror violence/gore, nudity and some language

Heartbreakers - Rated PG-13 for sex-related content including dialogue

Shit, I've finally caught up to myself. Now I have to ask myself, will 2000 and the 90s have enough good ones to trudge through all the "Rated R for language and adult content"s.

Past Years:
Best of 2011
Best of 2010
Best of 2009
Best of 2008
Best of 2007
Best of 2006
Best of 2005
Best of 2004
Best of 2003
Best of 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment