Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best MPAA Ratings of 2004

For all the time I spend on IMDB, I come across a lot of MPAA ratings, some of which are quite funny, or oddly descriptive, or distinctly abstract, or using a word I find funny, or anything in between.
Here are my favorite one's from 2004.

Note: BoxOfficeMojo lists 551 movies in 2004. I'm not checking all of them. I'm sure I missed some. Feel free to let me know (because I know this is inspiring so many of you to start hunting for them^).

Shrek 2 - Rated PG for some crude humor, a brief substance reference and some suggestive content

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Rated PG for frightening moments, creature violence and mild language

The Day After Tomorrow - Rated PG-13 for intense situations of peril

I, Robot - Rated PG-13 for intense stylized action, and some brief partial nudity

Van Helsing - Rated PG-13 for nonstop creature action violence and frightening images, and for sensuality

Mean Girls - Rated PG-13 for sexual content, language and some teen partying

Miracle - Rated PG for language and some rough sports action

Friday Night Lights - Rated PG-13 for thematic issues, sexual content, language, some teen drinking and rough sports action

Home on the Range - Rated PG for brief mild rude humor

Fat Albert - Rated PG for momentary language

Raising Helen - Rated PG-13 for thematic issues involving teens

Team America: World Police - Rated R for graphic crude and sexual humor, violent images and strong language - all involving puppets

Jersey Girl - Rated PG-13 on appeal for language and sexual content including frank dialogue

Past Years:
Best of 2011
Best of 2010
Best of 2009
Best of 2008
Best of 2007
Best of 2006
Best of 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment