Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best MPAA Ratings of 2011

For all the time I spend on IMDB, I come across a lot of MPAA ratings, some of which are quite funny, or oddly descriptive, or distinctly abstract, or using a word I find funny, or anything in between.
Here are my favorite one's from 2011.

Note: BoxOfficeMojo lists 598 movies in 2011 and 3/4s of those are rated PG-13 for Language and Adult Content. That gets boring, so I'm sure I missed some gems. Let me know if you find any. For the sake of science, I want a complete list.

Another Note: Finding these takes a surprisingly long amount of time. There is no way the effort was worth it. I want you to know I am fully aware of this.

Yet Another Note: Fuck you! You aren't that special. You know who you are.

A Note That Actually Pertains to the Topic of the Post: I could post pictures and link to the sites and all, but that takes longer than you think, and I want the theme of this to be wasted time and lack of effort. That's my shtick.

Kung Fu Panda 2 
Rated PG for sequences of martial arts action and mild violence

Rio
Rated PG for mild off color humor (original rating)

Rango
Rated PG for rude humor, language, action and smoking

Cowboys & Aliens
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of western and sci-fi action and violence, some partial nudity and a brief crude reference

Crazy, Stupid Love
Rated PG-13 for coarse humor, sexual content and language

Zookeeper
Rated PG for some rude and suggestive humor, and language

The Adventures of Tintin
Rated PG for adventure action violence, some drunkenness and brief smoking

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Rated PG for some mild rude humor and mischief

The Artist
Rated PG-13 for a disturbing image and a crude gesture

Zookeeper
Rated PG for some rude and suggestive humor, and language

Soul Surfer
Rated PG for an intense accident sequence and some thematic material

Red Riding Hood
Rated PG-13 for violence and creature terror, and some sensuality

Beastly
Rated PG-13 for language including crude comments, brief violence and some thematic material

Drive Angry
Rated R for strong brutal violence throughout, grisly images, some graphic sexual content, nudity and pervasive language

No comments:

Post a Comment