Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Best MPAA Ratings of 2008

For all the time I spend on IMDB, I come across a lot of MPAA ratings, some of which are quite funny, or oddly descriptive, or distinctly abstract, or using a word I find funny, or anything in between.
Here are my favorite one's from 2008.

Note: BoxOfficeMojo lists 608 movies in 2008. I'm not checking all of them. I probably checked more ratings this year than any other year. It's a sort of lame duck year.

The Dark Knight - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace

The Spiderwick Chronicles - Rated PG for scary creature action and violence, peril and some thematic elements

Saw V - Rated R for sequences of grisly bloody violence and torture, language and brief nudity

Drillbit Taylor - Rated PG-13 for crude sexual references throughout, strong bullying, language, drug references and partial nudity

Definitely, Maybe - Rated PG-13 for sexual content, including some frank dialogue, language and smoking

The Spirit - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of stylized violence and action, some sexual content and brief nudity



Past Years:
Best of 2011

Best of 2010
Best of 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment