Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Emmy B-Team: Drama Series

How bad are the Emmy nominations? This question comes up every year when the nominations are announced and everyone has a long list of snubs and shows that didn't deserve nominations. The way people talk about the nominations, you start to wonder if the Emmy voters have watched anything in the last year or if they are just rubber stamping the shows they picked the year before or choosing the last buzzy show they heard about. I certainly had that opinion. I still kind of do. That's was drove me to make what I call my Emmy B-Teams.

In case you are new to this, the idea is pretty straightforward. I go through the Emmy nomination ballot for a bunch of categories and put together the strongest group I can among what wasn't already nominated for the Emmy. I call this group my B-Team. I then compare the Nominees to my B-Team and choose a winner based on which is a stronger group of performers/shows/etc. The idea is to see how badly chosen the nominees actually are. This serves two purposed:
1) To see how bad the nominees really are. The first year I did this, my theory was that, as a very informed TV viewer, it would be easy for me to find 5-7 names that the Emmy voters missed. I'll go ahead and say now that the Emmy voters, especially outside the Comedy and Drama categories, tend to do a pretty good job picking most of the best options in a category.
2) To highlight some other great work from the last year. With the explosion of new content over the last few years, 5 or 6 nominees just isn't enough to cover all the great work being done, especially on lesser seen shows that have trouble putting together enough support to be nominated.

As far as who I pick for my B-Team, please disagree with me. I watch a lot of TV, but I miss much more than I see. My B-Team is exactly that: My B-Team. In other words, I'm stacking the deck in the B-Team's favor. If I'm picking the 5-6 shows that I like the best and the B-Team still loses, that means the Nominee list is pretty damn strong.

And we end with the Drama categories. That's fitting, because this is where I expect the B-Team to put up the best fight. This year in particular is set up well for the B-Team. Game of Thrones is off this year due to calendar issues and The Americans fell back out of the field due to dumb voting issues. The Leftovers and Rectify continue to be snubbed. A lot of the actual shows nominated where more popular that they were good (which sounds harsher than I mean it to). That's a strong B-Team formula.

Disclaimer: I'm going to apologize now for all the Leftovers and Rectify love. This is my chance to praise them and praise them I will.

(Final Note: I'm sure that I'll mention this more than a few times, but all my picks are based on who is submitted and in which category. For example, I would've considered the Halt and Catch Fire episode "The Threshold" a lock for my writing and directing by B-team, but it wasn't submitted. Thus, I can't include it. Similarly, Ted Danson would be a great supporting actor in a comedy contender on The Good Place. However, he submitted himself as a lead, so that's all I can consider him for)


Previously:
2014 Edition | 2015 Edition | 2016 Edition
Why You Should Dismiss the Emmys
The Scruff
Reality Shows
Variety Series and Special
Limited Series and TV Movie

Comedy Series

* Indicates a show that I haven't watched this season.
# Indicates a show I've seen before, not this season.



Drama Series
Nominees:
Better Call Saul
The Crown
The Handmaid's Tale
House Of Cards
Stranger Things
This Is Us
Westworld

B-Team
Halt and Catch Fire
Rectify
The Leftovers
The Americans
Legion
13 Reasons Why
Mr. Robot

First of all, there's a number of dramas I didn't see like American Gods and The Path that have strong arguments to be included that I'm not equipped to make. Just as a production, The Get Down needs a little love. Orange is the New Black is taking a lot of heat for an experimental season (which technically isn't the season eligible for this year's Emmys). I've never been that crazy about the show, and the structure of the season highlighted a few too many weaknesses. It's still a very enjoyable show though.
Neither the Nominees or the B-Team are perfect. The Nominees have one big problem: House of Cards. I've been a devoted viewer of this series since in premiered and only the first season could I consider anywhere close to being one of the seven best dramas on TV. This season was narrative inertia and little else. Better Call Saul and The Handmaid's Tale are undeniably two of the best dramas on TV. They prop the nominees up. The Crown and Westworld are very impressive as productions and have a couple stand-out performances. Neither really blew me away. This is Us is nice as a major network success story, but the stories were too up and down week to week. They still don't know how to use too much of the cast and relied far too much on twists. I thoroughly enjoyed Stranger Things and it's refreshing to see something this different get awards attention. So, I have no issue with it being nominated, although it wouldn't be one of my picks.
Thanks to the Limited series explosion, the drama series field isn't as deep as it normally is. I included 13 Reason Why in the B-Team because, despite its many flaws, when it did connect, few shows packed as powerful a punch. Mr. Robot got far too concerned with outsmarting the audience, but Sam Esmail's vision is something unique. Legion found legitimacy in the super-hero genre and had the most inventive season of TV this side of Twin Peaks. Halt Catch Fire is rewarding the tiny audience that has stuck with it by delivering some great character-driven drama. Still, that IPO vote is one of my favorite scenes of the last year. The Americans had a weaker season than the previous 2 or 3. It's still one of the best shows around, and it's a black mark on the Emmy voters that the show fell out of the nomination field. Not enough people watched Rectify which had an excellent final season that I'd nominate over anything that was actually nominated. And, The Leftovers is one of my favorite series of all-time. Its third and final season had a little bit of everything and ended as well as any show in the last several years.   
Winner: B-Team. 
If The Americans was still nominated, this would be a discussion. Many of the nominees are cute. The Leftovers, Rectify, and The Americans are formidable. None of them getting nominated tells me that Emmy voters didn't find the time to watch enough of the good shows on TV this year.

Lead Actress - Drama Series
Nominees:
Keri Russell (The Americans)
Claire Foy (The Crown)
Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid's Tale)
Robin Wright (House Of Cards)
* Viola Davis (How To Get Away With Murder)
Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld)

B-Team
Carrie Coon (The Leftovers)
Kerry Bishe (Halt and Catch Fire)
Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire)
# Claire Danes (Homeland)
* Eva Green (Penny Dreadful)
Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)

This is a tricky category because a lot of the better lead female performances are on shows I didn't watch or stopped watching. Christine Baranski (The Good Fight), Rose McIver (iZombie), and Taraji P. Henson (Empire) are all the main reasons to watch their shows. I haven't seen any. Rachel Keller as a lead in Legion feels a bit like category fraud. She was great in Legion and I thought strongly about putting her on the B-Team. The second season of UnREAL was a mess. Shirri Appleby wasn't the problem though.
The B-Team only has one inexcusable snub, and that's Carrie Coon. She should've been as much of a lock as Elisabeth Moss was for The Handmaid's Tale. I don't know which way I'd go between them.There's no one in the B-Team that I know is on the level of Keri Russell (The Americans) or Claire Foy (The Crown). It is strange to see Emmy voters finally tire of Claire Danes (Homeland). I expected similar fatigue to set in on Robin Wright, who was only OK in a lousy House of Cards season. Eva Green was always too weird for Emmy voters on Penny Dreadful, although I'm told she really carried that. Viola Davis gives How to Get Away With Murder a legitimacy it couldn't get from anyone else. I'm a big fan of what Kerry Bishe and Mackenzie Davis do on Halt and Catch Fire. Remember, that show started more focused on the men and had to change course when Davis and especially Bishe turned out to be the breakouts. Without Katherine Langford's excellent performance, 13 Reasons Why would be little more than a trashy teen soap (which is what Season 2 is looking like it'll be). Evan Rachel Wood is fine in Westworld. I just can't call that a lead performance.

Winner: Nominees. 
It pains me to pick against Carrie Coon. Some mix of Russell, Foy, and Moss has to be enough to cancel her out.

Lead Actor - Drama Series
Nominees:
Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)
Kevin Spacey (House Of Cards)
* Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan)
Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us)
Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us)
Anthony Hopkins (Westworld)

B-Team
Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel)
Rami Malek (Mr. Robot)
Dan Stevens (Legion)
Justin Theroux (The Leftovers)
Aden Young (Rectify)
* Billy Bob Thornton (Goliath)
Dylan Minnette (13 Reasons Why)

Lead Actor in a Drama series has a similar brain drain as the Lead Actress field. I actually had trouble building a good B-Team. That's fine, because it doesn't take much to beat this group of nominees. Yeah, Matthew Rhys and Bob Odenkirk should be there. Sterling K. Brown too if you consider him a lead. That's about it though. Anthony Hopkins is a supporting actor on Westworld, and I wouldn't consider him there either. As much as I love Milo Ventimiglia, I wouldn't call his work a lead performance or good enough to be nominated. We have to stop awarding Kevin Spacey for chewing scenery on a mediocre drama. And, I haven't watched Ray Donovan, but I haven't heard of anyone outside of Emmy voters who would say Schrieber's good enough to deserve all these nominations.
Dylan Minnette is the weakest of the B-Team and he's still pretty good in 13 Reasons Why. I've heard that Billy Bob Thornton carries Goliath, and I believe that. While the star of Legion is the writing and directing, Dan Stevens is pretty great at selling that world and how his powers work. I run hot and cold on Freddy Highmore's performance in Bates Motel, but the final season gave him the most to do. Rami Malek won last year  and appears to be unfairly penalized for Mr. Robot having a weak second. Justin Theroux's only shortcoming on The Leftovers is that he didn't always match up to Carrie Coon as a scene partner. That's an unfairly high bar and he came close to clearing it. It's a real shame that Aden Young never even sniffed an Emmy. His stoic performance on Rectify was really something to behold.
Winner: B-Team. 
For every performance among the Nominees, I could match a B-Team performance I'd call better. It's a lot closer at the top than the bottom of those lists.

Supporting Actress - Drama Series
Nominees:
Ann Dowd (The Handmaid's Tale)
Samira Wiley (The Handmaid's Tale)
Uzo Aduba (Orange Is The New Black)
Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things)
Chrissy Metz (This Is Us)
Thandie Newton (Westworld)

B-Team
Amy Brenneman (The Leftovers)
Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black)
Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)
Constance Zimmer (UnREAL)
Abigail Spencer (Rectify)
Yvonne Strahovski (The Handmaid's Tale)

Good god, there's a lot of choices. I could pick a C-Team (Danielle Brooks - Orange is the New Black, Carly Chaikin - Mr. Robot, Vera Farmiga - Bates Motel, Portia Doubleday - Mr. Robot, J. Smith-Cameron - Rectify, Adeline Clemens - Rectify) and a D-Team (Holly Taylor - The Americans, Aubrey Plaza - Legion, Madeline Brewer - The Handmaid's Tale, Alisha Boe - 13 Reasons Why, Kate Walsh - 13 Reasons Why, Alfre Woodard - Marvel's Luke Cage) of terrific work before I'd have to resort to pulling names like Aisha Hinds (Underground) from shows I haven't seen. The lead performance category is hard, because a show can only handle one or two leads. Each show can have a lot more supporting roles and that's reflecting here.
It's nice to see Ann Dowd and Samira Wiley nominated for The Handmaid's Tale. I'd rather go with Yvonne Strahovski for everything she had to hold back. As much as I loved her in Chuck, she's come a long way as a performer. Besides, the Samira Wiley performance that should've been nominated was in Orange is the New Black. Keep in mind, the calendar is behind a year on that show, so this is for the pre-riot season which included her excellent spotlight episode at the end of the season. Uzo Aduba is great and all, but that season wasn't her best. Still good. Not among the 4-5 best from that season on that show even. I'm torn on the Millie Bobby Brown nomination. I like to see Emmy voters finally break that age barrier they almost never cross, and she was great on the show. I just can't help but think she's getting the "Barb boost"*. Speaking of the "Barb boost" I'm not sure I'd put Chrissy Metz among the best supporting performances. I like that the show addressed her weight issues head on, but too often that was the only thing about her character she had to play off. I know that we aren't supposed to talk about UnREAL any more after how big of a mess the second season was, but Constance Zimmer was the only thing keeping most episodes watchable. Her falling from the nomination field is like and inverse "Bard Boost". Maeve, as played by Thandie Newton, was normally the most interesting character on Westworld. In a world of repetition, I could always rely on her to bring in something new.

*"Barb Boost. noun. When a show's popularity causes the perception of a performance to be inflated, resulting in people calling an OK performance good and a good performance great.

However, the remaining three B-Teamers are the reason why (spoiler-alert) the B-Team is going to win this showdown. Even in season 1, when she was silent and smoking, I'd've called for Amy Breneman's nomination (In fact, I did). Now that she was talking and part of the core four of the final season of The Leftovers, it should be a no-brainer. Abigail Spencer was constantly threatening to steal the spotlight from Aden Young in Rectify, which is no small feat. Finally, put Rhea Seahorn in any category and I'd nominate her. She is vital to the balance of Better Call Saul. Given all the nomination love that show has received (lead actor, supporting actor, series, etc.), I have no explanation for how they could overlook her and someone I'll be getting to in the next category. How did they miss her? I don't get it.
Winner: B-Team. 
This was a hard group to whittle down. There were a lot of choices. I'd only for certain keep one of the actual nominees if given a choice. I'm not even sure I'd pick the Nominees over my C-Team.

Supporting Actor - Drama Series
Nominees:
Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul)
John Lithgow (The Crown)
# Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
Michael Kelly (House Of Cards)
David Harbour (Stranger Things)
Ron Cephas Jones (This Is Us)
Jeffrey Wright (Westworld)

B-Team
Michael McKean (Better Call Saul)
Christopher Eccleston (The Leftovers)
Toby Huss (Halt and Catch Fire)
Mahershala Ali (Marvel's Luke Cage)
Clayne Crawford (Rectify)
Noah Emmerich (The Americans)
Shameik Moore (The Get Down)

The supporting actor field didn't have the wealth of choices that supporting actress had. Thankfully, the actual nominee list had a couple weak picks to weigh it down anyway. I don't know how someone could watch Better Call Saul, nominate Jonathan Banks, and not nominate Michael McKean. That's inconceivable. Banks is great. Few can do so much without ever saying a word. McKean killed it though and didn't disappear for stretches of the season like Banks did. From "Chicanary" to "Lantern", he had so many great moments throughout the season. John Lithgow was so damn good in The Crown that I forgot how physically wrong for the role of Winston Churchill he was. Christopher Eccleston is the fourth member of the Leftovers quartet who should've been nominated. His spotlight episodes were among the best every season. His final line in "It's a Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt World" is the best of the year. After those four, I'm not thrilled with how either group is filled out.
Mandy Patinkin is always great. I'm just surprised the voters remembered him at all, and I never thought I'd see a year in which he was nominated and Claire Danes wasn't. I have no complaints about seeing Ron Cephas Jones nominated for This is Us. He and Sterling K. Brown were normally the best parts of an episode. Jeffrey Wright had a difficult arc on Westworld. I'm not sure he always pulled it off, but most of the blame is on the writing and directing more than him. I don't get the repeated Michael Kelly nominations. Who is coming away from that show still impressed by that character? I'm just going to ignore David Harbour from Stranger Things. The fact that when I didn't recognize his name, he was my fifth guess before I got it right says enough.
Mahershala Ali made Luke Cage fun in the early part of the season. I doubt I'd be selecting him if he wasn't coming off an Oscar win though. I'm still impressed by how much I cared about Clayne Crawford's character by the end of Rectify given how much of a sonuvabitch he was in the first season. Noah Emmerich is always great on The Americans, although he didn't have as much to do this year. Toby Huss is the beating heart of Halt and Catch Fire and the only character that I demand that he get a happy ending. Shameik Moore was one of the better and more interesting roles on The Get Down.
Winner: Nominations. 
It came down to Lithgow vs. McKean with Banks and Eccelston as secondaries. Harbour should tank the nominees by himself, but too many of the people in the B-Team had seasons in which they didn't do as much.

Guest Actress - Drama Series
Nominees:
Alison Wright (The Americans "The Soviet Division")
Alexis Bledel (The Handmaid's Tale "Late")
* Cicely Tyson (How To Get Away With Murder - "Go Cry Somewhere Else")
Ann Dowd (The Leftovers - "The Most Powerful Man In The World (And His Identical Twin Brother)")
Laverne Cox (Orange Is The New Black - "Doctor Psycho")
Shannon Purser (Stranger Things - "Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly")

B-Team
* Gillian Anderson (American Gods "Lemon Scented You")
* Kristen Chenoweth (American Gods "Come to Jesus")
* Betty Gilpin (American Gods "The Bone Orchard")
Grace Gummer (Good Girls Revolt "Pilot")
Rihanna (Bates Motel "Marion")
Milana Vayntrub (This Is Us "Last Christmas")

Without a steady stream of Law & Order performances, the guest actress category is barren. All I could find for the B-Team was Milaa Vayntrub in This Is Us, who I like as a performer, but wasn't doing anything special on that show. Rihanna was pretty good in Bates Motel, finding a new take on an iconic role. Grace Gummer was the catalyst for the entire season/series of Good Girls Revolt. After that, I picked a trio of American Gods performances that I heard (or assume) were good, even through I didn't get a chance to see the series.
Because of that tepid pool of choices, I can't be that angered that Shannon Purser got the "Barb Boost". While Barb is a better meme than a character, it's not like she was blocking out great nominees-in-waiting. Other than Purser, this is a great group of nominees. I feel safe assuming that Cicely Tyson was great in How to Get Away with Murder. I didn't know Alexis Bledel had a performance like the one on The Handmaid's Tale in her. Allison Wright actually did put up a guest performance in The Americans that's worth being nominated (Note: although I love past winner Margo Martindale in many other roles, he last couple Americans nominations and win were wholly unmerited). However much Laverne Cox wants to show up in a season of Orange is the New Black is fine by me. And, what's that? Ann Dowd for...no...The Leftovers? That can't be right. Emmy voters don't know The Leftovers exists. What going on? Am I being elaborately pranked?
Winner: Nominees. 
Even if the Nominee list wasn't so strong, actually nominating The Leftovers for something is an automatic win.

Guest Actor - Drama Series
Nominees
# Ben Mendelsohn (Bloodline - "Part 32")
BD Wong (Mr. Robot - "eps2.3_logic-b0mb.hc")
* Hank Azaria (Ray Donovan - "Norman Saves The World")
Denis O'Hare (This Is Us - "Last Christmas")
Brian Tyree Henry (This Is Us - "Memphis")
Gerald McRaney (This Is Us - "The Big Day")

B-Team
Jermaine Clement (Legion - "Chapter 4")
* Orlando Jones (American Gods - "The Secret of Spoons")
* John Legend (Underground - "Whiteface")
Hamish Linklater (Legion - "Chapter 8")
Mark Margolis (Better Call Saul - "Sabrosito")
Steven Weber (13 Reasons Why - "Tape 7, Side A")

The Guest Actor field is similarly underwhelming. I won't even bother going through them all. It's Gerald McRaney's to lose. Ben Mendelsohn and BD Wong both serve key purposes on their shows. Compare that with Jermain Clement's zany work on Legion and Mark Margolis, who just isn't as impressive without a bell to ring. I will say, I heard all sorts of praise for what Orlando Jones did on American Gods.
Winner: Nominees. 
I can't find enough in the B-Team to claim otherwise.

Writing - Drama Series
Nominees:
The Americans ("The Soviet Division")
Better Call Saul ("Chicanery")
The Crown ("Assassins")
The Handmaid's Tale ("Offred (Pilot)")
Stranger Things ("Chapter One: The Vanishing Of Will Byers")
Westworld ("The Bicameral Mind")

B-Team
Rectify ("A House Divided")
The Leftovers ("Certified")
The Leftovers ("The Book of Nora")
Better Call Saul ("Lantern")
Legion ("Chapter 5")

A lot of shows submitted a lot of episodes that I could've picked. I would've considered an episode of Mr. Robot but those episode titles are too damn hard to type. I wanted to include a Halt and Catch Fire episode, but the one I wanted to use wasn't submitted for consideration.
Of course, for the B-Team, all available Rectify and The Leftovers episodes were included because the writing a the biggest thing I love about the shows and this is my last chance to put them on a B-Team. I opted for "Lantern" from Better Call Saul, although many others were also submitted. I also chose "Chapter 5" of the three Legion choices almost arbitrarily. All of them were well-written episodes.
I'll give the Emmy voters credit for selecting the only eligible episode of The Americans and "Chicanary" from Better Call Saul, which was one of my overall favorite episodes of TV in the last year. The Handmaid's Tale pilot does a great job of establishing the world and characters. I won't quibble much with the Crown nomination either, although the writing is not what I'd consider the great strength of the series. I'm not crazy about picking the Westworld finale or Stranger Things pilot though.
Winner: B-Team.
The Leftovers + Rectify > The Americans + The Handmaid's Tale. My math is simple and highly subject to personal bias.

Directing - Drama Series
Nominees:
Better Call Saul ("Witness")
The Crown ("Hyde Park Corner")
The Handmaid's Tale ("Offred (Pilot)")
The Handmaid's Tale ("The Bridge")
# Homeland ("America First")
Stranger Things ("Chapter One: The Vanishing Of Will Byers")
Westworld ("The Bicameral Mind")

B-Team
Legion ("Chapter 1")
The Americans ("The Soviet Division")
Better Call Saul ("Chicanery")
The Leftovers ("The Most Powerful Man in the World (And His Identical Twin Brother)")
Rectify ("All I'm Sayin'")
The Get Down ("Where There Is Ruin, There Is Hope for a Treasure")
Orange is the New Black ("The Animals")

And I thought writing was hard to narrow down into a B-Team. A lot of shows had to be left out. I could picked nothing but episodes of The Leftovers and Rectify, but I limited myself to one each, although that one for each could change if you asked me again tomorrow. Like with writing, I'm mainly not even considering an episode of Mr. Robot because the episodes titles are difficult to type. I would've included "The Threshold" from Halt and Catch Fire but they didn't even submit it.
I love with my B-Team though. Baz Lurhman's direction of The Get Down pilot made it come alive and nearly made up for the other deficiencies of the series. "The Animals" was the strongest episode of a very good Orange is the New Black season (again, we're talking about the June 2016 season, not the 2017 season). Noah Hawley set the tone for the series in impressive fashion in the Legion pilot. As much as I love the writing for "Chicanary", I may love it's direction even more. Also, how does The Americans fall out of the nomination field? I get how they can ignore The Leftovers and Rectify, but they know about The Americans by now. I think you know my feeling by now about The Leftovers and Rectify, so let's just say they should've been nominated and be done with it.
The Nominees are populated by good choices that I personally wouldn't've selected. The Stranger Things pilot does a terrific job establishing the world and tone of the series. "Hyde Park Corner" is just one example of the grand scale of The Crown. The same goes for "The Bicameral Mind" for Westworld. Homeland is a well directed show, even when the writing goes bonkers, and I'm always for Lesli Linka Glater adding to her nomination count. My only issue with "Witness" being nominated is that it's not the Better Call Saul episode I'd've picked. It's still excellently directed though. I really liked The Handmaid's Tale, but with so many well directed shows, I can't get behind two episodes getting nominated. "Offred (Pilot)" is definitely the one I'd keep due to how effectively it set up that world. "The Bridge" is a fine episode though.
Winner: B-Team. 
Referring back to my Drama Writing formula: The Leftovers + Rectify + The Americans > The Handmaid's Tale. The math does itself.

Casting - Drama Series
Nominees:
The Crown
The Handmaid's Tale
Stranger Things
This Is Us
Westworld

B-Team
The Leftovers
Legion
Orange is the New Black
13 Reasons Why
The Americans

Like I say before any casting category, I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to vote on this. Even though it should be more about how a series fills its world beyond the central cast, I feel like most voters read this as "Best Cast" or "Best New Cast" or occasionally "Most Famous Cast".
I'm going to have a little fun with this. While I'd like to use this as another chance to say "You should've been watching Rectify", I'm actually going to leave it out (but you should watch Rectify). Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, and Bates Motel should be considered too. Shows I didn't see like American Gods and The Good Fight I assume also had impeccable casting.
For the B-Team, I of course went with The Leftovers for all the fun Australians this season had. Legion was all over the place with people to put in it that look like they don't fit in anywhere. I'm including The Americans because wigs are a form of casting. Orange is the New Black should always be praised for its ability to turn even the most forgettable of background actresses into a key character when the moment requires it. Casting high school characters is hard, so props to 13 Reasons Why for that.
The nominees are pretty damn good too though. Stranger Things was authentically populated. Everyone on The Crown fit. This Is Us and Westworld knew how to get good people for big and small roles. The Handmaid's Tale is solid too.
Winner: B-Team. 
It's close, but I won't deny myself one last Leftovers-induced B-Team victory.


-----
It took 5 days, but the B-Team finally has a win, narrowly beating the nominees 6-4. I'm actually surprised it was that close. This might be the last year of B-Team dominance in the Drama field. The B-Team has been propped up by The Leftovers for a lot of years now. Without it, I don't know how strong the B-Team will be. That's a problem for next year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment