Saturday, April 23, 2016

Delayed Reaction: The Second Jungle Book: Mowgli & Baloo (1997)

The Pitch: It's the Jungle Book story, only Live-Action and awful. Dreadfully awful.
How I Came Into It: This is why research and attentiveness are important. One of the hardest to find movies on my list has been Disney's live action The Jungle Book from 1994. I've taken to getting these from used DVD shops a lot now, because even Netflix doesn't have some of these. Well, I got so excited when I saw a box for a live action Jungle Book that I didn't read it any closer, and that's how I got and watched this by mistake.

I'm not even going to bother with my normal sections for what I liked and didn't like. This is an awful movie. It's poorly acted. It looks cheap as hell. It's boring. It depresses me that only six years after The Rocketeer Billy Campbell's career had come to this. It ruined my day when I first watched it. Now it's ruined my day writing about it*.

*I try to churn these out soon after watching them. I had to wait a few days on this. It's pretty bad.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment