Thursday, March 24, 2016

Delayed Reaction: The ABCs of Death

The Pitch: 26 horror shorts from 26 directors, each assigned a letter of the alphabet.
How I Came Into It: I love the V/H/S movies and this series is often mentioned along with those as horror anthologies that get it right. I wanted a little dirty horror going into Halloween (yeah, I'm pretty far behind on posting these) so I decided to give this a try.

Why I Saw It: The good and bad thing with any anthology movie is that nothing lasts very long. There were a lot of clever and inventive and twisted and funny stories. I really should've watched this a lot earlier at night and less drunk because the many, many stories all run together, making it hard top pick any standouts.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: A number of these went more for laughs than scares. I understand that the reactions are quite similar (both rely heavily on surprise), but I wasn't really looking to laugh when I watched this.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment