Sunday, March 20, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

The Pitch: This will totally be the last Nightmare on Elm Street movie, you know, unless it does well.
How I Came Into It: This is the last Nightmare on Elm Street movie I had left on my list. There are so many of those movies and the last time that it seemed even remotely like it was trying to be scary was Freddy's Revenge. Why did people keep seeing these?

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I've been waiting to get to the Johnny Depp cameo ever since finishing the original. And most of that was because I love the fake name he gives in the credits: Oprah Noodlemantra. Worth it.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Say what you will about franchise building these days, but at least Paranormal Activity tried to have some narrative cohesion. This is just reverse engineering whatever half story they can come up with. Personally, I'd rather have seen the script that Peter Jackson wrote for this be produced. At least that one would have Hobbits.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment