Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Delayed Reaction: About Schmidt

The Pitch: Jack Nicholson retires and then acts awful to almost anyone.
How I Came Into It: I've only ever heard one thing said about this and it's that Kathy Bates gets naked. That worries me on two levels. 1) I don't really care to see Kathy Bates naked, and more importantly 2) it means there's nothing more worth mentioning about it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Jack Nicholson is great and it's a nice reminder of how unconsciously that man can be great. He makes it look easy. The ending in particular is quite sweet, with the letters and the drawing.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: You're gonna need to explain to me how this isn't Nebraska with a more cognizant lead. I'm not sure which one did it better, because I didn't particularly love either. Alexander Payne's movies have a tough time landing with me.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment