Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert Movie

The Pitch: See a Hannah Montana concert because you couldn't afford tickets to it at the time.

How I Came Into It: This was a massive hit when it was released in 2008, setting a Superbowl weekend record and on less than 700 screens, which is, simply put, absurd. Basically every concert movie release since (This Is It, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry) has been an attempt to match this success. None have topped it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's interesting to see how much Miley Cyrus has grown in the last 8 years, or even to stop and realize that she's been popular for that long. It's inherently interesting to see the behind the scenes of any concert, so I enjoyed the nuts and bolts aspect of that.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: In the end, you have to like the music to care, and I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment