Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Medicine Man

The Pitch: Sean Connery is the man who discovered a cure for cancer in the jungle and forgot how he did it.
How I Came Into It: This might be the least remarkable of of the 1400+ movies I've watched for the Club 50 project and the 600+ Delayed Reactions I've done. Even the dedicated Sean Connery fans would have a hard time remembering this one.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) That's not to say this was a bad movie. I mean, it was, but it's not like it's the worst thing I've ever watched - There's still that Sex and The City sequel to deal with. I mean, Connery is...in it, and that brings a certain entertainment value with it.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm just thankful that the vast majority of the movies I've needed to catch up on are markedly more interesting than this. I'm bothered by movies like this that tease a cure for something like cancer. Make up a disease to cure, please. I keep imagining someone with cancer watching this and getting pissed off because the cure isn't real.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment