Sunday, April 12, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Wrath of the Titans

The Pitch: $163,214,888.
How I Came Into It: I saw Clash of the Titans. I remember getting the DVD from Netflix. I remember being in my room, having it on, and looking at the screen. It was an afternoon and I wasn't drinking or falling asleep. Yet, I don't remember anything about it. Outside of Alice in Wonderland, no mediocre movie benefited from the post-Avatar 3D craze like Clash of the Titans. I thought I'd already seen this movie but that turned out to be Immortals.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Who doesn't love a little Greek Mythology fan fiction on occasion? And, this wasn't as egregious a take on it as the first movie, so there's that. The action is big and loud and busy and constant and expensive-looking. I loved the addition of Rosamund Pike too, especially if I pretend she's Amazing Amy the whole time. How many more movies before we get a Roman or Norse Gods crossover?

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Much like the first movie, I spend most of this not know and not caring what was going on. It has a specific look and style, but that doesn't mean I liked it. The action was too hectic most of the time to get into.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment