Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Flushed Away

The Pitch: A house rat becomes a sewer rat...and  it's British.
How I Came Into It: There's that awful title. That's most of what I knew. Then there were the immediate Ratatouille comparisons. That wasn't going to work in its favor.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I like Aradman Animation in theory. There's not a lot of animation that makes its way to the U.S. from other countries in a big way, so the Dreamworks deal was nice. I can't remember the last movie with a climax revolving around a soccer game. There's some good jokes peppered in and the soundtrack is pretty good (Nice to hear some Dandy Warhols).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I like Aradman Animation in theory. I don't prefer the movies I've seen of theirs (although I need to see Curse of the Were Rabbit still). I'll admit, I set a higher bar for animation. They have to be VERY good for me to think much more of them than watchable.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment