Friday, April 17, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Just Cause

The Pitch: A "wrongfully accused" story for someone who's not wrongfully accused.
How I Came Into It: I had to repeatedly check the title of the movie while I was watching it, so that tells you how familiar I was with it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) If not for the run time of the movie, I don't think I would've expected the twist about Ferguson being guilty after all (as is, when he's found innocent with 30 minutes left, you start to assume some things). I completely changed my opinion of Lawrence Fishburne's Sheriff Tanny Brown by the end: a reaction that was designed. There's a young Scarlett Johansson too, so that's fun. It took my roommate to recognize her though.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Am I the only one who found Sean Connery slightly-to-way too old for his part? 23 years older than his wife. 54 years old when ScarJo was born. Good for him, I guess. Whatever. I kind of lost track of some of the twists partly because Ed Harris' character was more confusing than crazy. And, I may be missing some of the specifics of the situation, but Connery and Fishburne finding the knife so long after the investigation is due to policework so shoddy, that it's a stretch for even that town.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment