Friday, July 30, 2021

Quick Reaction: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad


I've opined before about how much I wish they'd bring back package films for kids. What better audience will you find for stories that require a short attention span? I'll admit I was a little disappointed with this, because I kept waiting for when in The Wind in the Willows Mr. Toad would drive to hell. I guess that's just part of the ride. It's nice to get some context for that park attraction though. The real draw for me though was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. That was one of my favorite stories as a kid. I still love how unresolved the story is, and I appreciate that Disney didn't try to change that. It's hard to complain about any feature that isn't even 70 minutes. It is a shame they couldn't've found one more story to do and cut together an 80-minute version of this. Even the length of the two shorts are they were felt a bit padded.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment