Thursday, September 15, 2011

Emmy Predictions (Part 3) - Forgotten Categories

Shit. Looks like I forgot some categories for Sunday. I know, all of you were so worried.

Outstanding Reality-Competition Program 
 (Winner) Top Chef (Bravo)
Last year's winner in a category known for consistency.
(Dark Horse) The Amazing Race (CBS)
Granted, the consistency of which I speak was from this show winning every year from it's inception until last year. Here's where we determine fluke or fall.
American Idol (Fox)
Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
These two are here because of ratings. Neither had exceptional seasons. They had to fill the list somehow.
Project Runway (Lifetime)
Is this the one hosted by Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks? If I don't know, how can I expect the voters to care.
So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
No. I don't think I can dance. Quit asking and leave me alone.

Biggest Oversite: Ninja Warrior
Say what you will. It is still more entertaining than the above.

Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Dramatic Special 
(Winner) (My Favorite) Steven Moffat (Sherlock: A Study in Pink)
I like Moffat. Give him the win.
(Dark Horse) Todd Haynes and Jon Raymond (Mildred Pierce)
I don't care.
Julian Fellowes (Downtown Abbey)
Still don't care.
Peter Gould (Too Big to Fail)
Caring even less now.
Heidi Thomas (Upstairs/Downstairs)
I will be taking a bathroom break when they hand this out.

Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries or Movie
Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini (Cinema Verite)
This probably has enough style for the win.
Olivier Assayas (Carlos)
I don't care.
Brian Percival (Downtown Abbey)
Still don't care.
Todd Haynes (Mildred Pierce)
Caring even less now.
Curtis Hanson (Too Big to Fail)
I will be taking a bathroom break when they hand this out.

Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Series
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Colbert (and co.) and Stewart (and co.) have been traded blows with this for years. It's the Daily Show's turn. That's as much as I can go into that.
The Colbert Report
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Saturday Night Live
Conan

No comments:

Post a Comment