Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmy Post-mortem: What Went Wrong

By any measure, I think it's safe to say I batted about .500 this year. I don't know how that stacks up against years past, but I did OK.

Nailed It!
Comedy Series
Drama Series
Variety Series
Lead Actress Drama (I disagree, but whatever)
Lead Actress Mini Series
Supporting Actor Comedy
Supporting Actor Drama (Bam!)
Supporting Actress Drama (Bam!)
Directing Drama
Writing Comedy
Writing Variety

I Was Close
Reality Competition (Looks like last year was a fluke)
Lead Actor Comedy (That was mean)
Supporting Actress MiniSeries
Writing Drama

Fuck MiniSeries
MiniSeries
Lead Actor MiniSeries (Really? Not even the good Kennedy)
Supporting Actor MiniSeries
Directing MiniSeries
Writing MiniSeries

Really, if you don't count MiniSeries, I cleaned up.

Pie in My Face
Supporting Actress Comedy (Didn't see that coming)
Directing Comedy (I will never again doubt the power of Modern Family)
Lead Actor Drama (Glad to be wrong, but I never thought he had a real chance. Poor Connie Britton)
Lead Actress Comedy (Didn't see this coming at all)

One thing I am proud of. None of my last place guesses won. At least there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment