Friday, June 12, 2015

Weekly 10: 6/4-6/10

I'm back with another weekly ten: my look back at the last week and  the ten things that most made it memorable in TV, movies, and the occasional other form of media. I'm already realizing that June is a rough time of year to be starting this recurring post. Pretty soon, I'll be scrambling to find ten things. For now, my week is still overflowing. Enjoy.


NBA Finals
I never for a moment though that this would headline my week. The first three games in the series were three of the best I've seen all season, college or professional. Matthew Dellavadova is a guy who's name I now remember how to spell. Do you need any more evidence of how insane this series has been?

Game of Thrones "The Dance of Dragons"

Nothing was going to beat the White Walker battle from last week. The battle at the games was still quite impressive. I've realized that the only thing I don't like about Daenerys and Tyrion being together is that seeing anything else could become a drag. Regardless of whatever happens on Sunday's finale, I got enough big moments to make the season worth-while.

Silicon Valley "Binding Arbitration"

Until about a minute left in the episode, I worried about what was going on. I don't understand what Richard was doing by admitting he used a Hooli computer and the entire arbitration had an odd time to it that didn't work for me. Then the guys falls off the mountain and I laughed and laughed and laughed. What a setup for the finale.

Veep "Testimony"

I know this was a good episode. It was so different from the other episodes though, that it didn't work for me initially. It reminded me of the "Queen of Jordan" episodes of 30 Rock, which took a second or third viewing to appreciate. I expect the same here.

Last Week Tonight

I'm glad that John Oliver followed through on his promise, even though technically his conditions weren't met exactly to get FIFA's president to resign. My only issue is that I more of less like Bud Light (not Lime) and the McDonald's dollar menu.

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets the Tell-Tale-Tot"
I'm not sure what to make of this episode. The "tell tale tot" part was just strange. That Corey would be obsessed by something as random as tater tots wasn't. I don't understand how I'm supposed to feel about Maya and Josh. So...they are meant to be together? How invested am I supposed to be?

Spy
A simple and enjoyable movie. Nothing exceptional about it. Just an effective delivery of an unambitious promise.

Halt and Catch Fire "New Coke"

This is a very scattered show in season 2. I get why that is, but the longer that everyone is apart, the more I feel my interest waning. Gordon on cocaine annoys me.

Boardwalk Empire

I just picked this show up. I doubt I'll be moving through it very quickly. I know they say the seasons always come together at the very end and in a great way, so there's that to look forward to.

Hannibal "Primavera"
I was hoping Abigail was actually alive and that she could be the Rasputin of the series. It makes more sense that she's dead though. This game of cat and mouse with Hannibal and Will continues to be so great. It's amplified by the fact that Will does care at all about not looking crazy around others. I like that they are reintroducing everyone slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment