Thursday, December 15, 2022

Quickly Reaction: My Bloody Valentine


I appreciate the horror movies that never seems to die simply because they have a good title. My Bloody Valentine is a very forgettable movie. It absolutely plays like a slapdash attempt to get on the slasher bandwagon of the late 70s then 80s. However, My Bloody Valentine is a terrific title. Like, I know that the proper way to write something is to pick the title last, or at least not let a title dictate the story, but I fully understand the desire to write a horror movie to fit “My Bloody Valentine” after thinking of the title. Did the phrase even exist before this? I don’t care. Beyond the great title, I do think the mining backdrop is decently original. Otherwise, I can’t point to much that really stood out about the movie. It’s harmless enough though if you generally enjoy slashers.

Verdict: Weakly Don’t Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment