Saturday, December 17, 2022

Quick Reaction: Anything for Jackson


This is the kind of horror movie that makes me interested in the filmmakers despite finding the movie itself only decent. This movie has a very good premise - an older satanist couple abduct a pregnant woman in order to put their dead grandson's essence into the newborn child once she gives birth. I like how quickly the film gets into it. It mixes the supernatural elements in well as the film progresses. It did falter a bit in the last act and none of the performances blew me away. These are things the filmmaker can improve though. The bones are there. I'll be looking out for what else Justin G. Dyck does after this*.

*This director mainly does cheesy holiday RomComs to pay the bills, so I mean the next time he makes a horror movie. It's a fun filmography to look at though.

 

Verdict: Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment