Sunday, October 6, 2019

Delayed Reaction: I Capture the Castle


The Pitch: Do you want to watch something that's a lot like a Jane Austen story but not written by her?

The sisters in an eccentric poor English family in the 1930s see a route to a better life when they fall for their new landlords: rich American brothers.

There's no point concealing what this is. At the time of writing this, I've now seen 24 movies with Rose Byne and have 20 to go. I could pretend I had some other motivation to see this movie, but why lie? It was nice to see Bill Nighy show up though. I always like him.
I have almost no thoughts about this movie. It makes a decent use of the castle. The period detail is fine. The love triangle - or pentagon, I guess - is fairly predictable, but it's fun to go along with the twists and turns.

I really wish I had more to say. There's no need to see this, but if you do, you probably won't hate it. It's a great movie for when you've seen Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and Emma too recently but want something in that vein.

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment