Sunday, March 26, 2017

Delayed Reaction: Laura

The Pitch: You know, these film noirs are really catching on.

I'm not sure why I added this to my Netflix queue. I don't recognize the director or any of the stars. It wasn't an Oscar juggernaut either. It made it into the National Film Registry, but that hardly every sways me. Regardless, it's been in my queue for a long time now, and since I organize my queue by year, it's been staring me down the whole time.

I don't have much to say about it. The plot is fun and twisty, like a good noir should be. In fact, it's almost absurdly twisty. The woman playing Laura and all the men in her life play off each other well. I want to look up more of director Otto Perminger's movies. They look interesting.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment