Friday, October 2, 2020

Quick Reaction: Once Upon a Time In The West


This will be a quick rave. This movie is really solid. I get why people love these Spaghetti Westerns. Especially Sergio Leone's. He really understood how cool Westerns look in an effortless way. I don't have enough familiarity to appreciate how interesting it is to see Henry Fonda go against type in this. I just know he was good as the villain. I'm also not used to seeing pre-Death Wish Charles Bronson, so that was interesting too. This movie got an extra big budget from Paramount and it looks great. Ennio Morricone's music is unsurprisingly perfect. His scores have this really simple themes that he's able to repeat constantly without feeling overused. It's really impressive. The story does get a little convoluted and I did start to feel the length by the end. This isn't my preferred genre exactly, but I fully see the appeal.

 

Verdict: Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment