Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Movie List

I generally know which movies I'm going to see a month in advanced (at least). Sometimes, I do have trouble pulling the trigger or have some trouble deciding on the order and priority. I tend to stick to the one-a-week rule, but it's a soft rule and I think my stub count from last year (62) shows that I'm willing to double-up when needed (or I'm bored, or a limited release takes longer than expected to expand).
 So, this will be my monthly rundown of all the movies being released that I'm interested in seeing.

 3/1
The Lock: Jack The Giant Slayer
 Whoops. They changed the title
Why: My rule is generally to see the movies that have the most to gain by seeing in theaters. This definitely fits the bill. I've heard mixed things about it and it has the makings of a Jack Carter type box office bust, but I like Nicholas Hoult, Ewan McGregor, and Brian Singer (Director) and I'll be avoiding the 3-D showings. Who knows? It could be...good enough.
Odds I'll See It: 90%

In Consideration:
21 & Over - I think I learned my lesson with Project X last year, but my eternal search for the next Superbad could convince me to see this a week or two late if I hear really good things about it.
Odds I'll see it: 10%

Stoker - I like Mia Wasikowska, but the subject matter doesn't interest me a great deal and it's taking it's time to expand, which makes it hard to predict if I can see it.
Odds I'll see it: 5%

3/8
The Lock: Oz the Great and Powerful
I wonder if she is a good guy or bad guy?

Why: The first movie with honest blockbuster appeal. Reimaginations of known stories are fun. Mostly though, it's the names attached to this. Sam Rami directed. Starring James Franco (meh), Mila Kunis (woo), Michelle Williams (woo), and Rachel Weisz (woo).
Odds I'll see it: 100%

In Consideration:
None


3/15
The Lock: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
 I hope the costumes aren't the funniest part.
Why: Behind action movies, comedies are what I'm most likely to see in theaters. This looks to be of the ilk of a lot of Will Ferrell movies. While I fear it will be more similar to Semi-Pro, I'm keeping up hope that it'll be an Anchorman. We'll see.
Odd I'll see it: 70%

In Consideration:
The Call - It could be a fun thriller, but I think the preview takes away a lot of the fun of seeing this one.
Odds I'll see it: 5%

3/22
The Lock: Admission
 But by March 8, they mean March 22
Why: Tina Fey and Paul Rudd in a romantic comedy. Yes, please.
Odds I'll see it: 100%

In Consideration:
Spring Breakers - I'm not even going to try explaining why I'll be looking for this one to expand to me. Hint: It's not James Franco.
Odds I'll see it: 50%

3/29
The Lock: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
 I opted for an older, sans-Channing Tatum poster.
Why: I'll admit, I've been on board for this one since I saw the first preview. It looks like it could be a good recalibration of the series (the first movie was not bad as much as forgettable, which is kind of worse). I will not be seeing the 3-D if I can help it though.
Odds I'll see it: 90%

In Consideration:
The Host - If it looks like this is going to be a mega-hit like Twilight, I may opt to see this now instead of catching up years later. Likelihood of either is low.
Odds I'll see it: 1%

No comments:

Post a Comment