Friday, July 13, 2012

Mini-Rant: Cheating Through School

There are certain professions I actively want the person to have cheated their way through school for. My favorite example is a lawyer. Granted, I don't have the highest opinion of, well, laws...or government, but I don't want the lawyer who played by the rules. I want the guy who found every way he could to not go through the work. This guy, not Mr. Top of His Class, will be the one to find a way to turn my DUI into loitering in a moving vehicle while medicated. Besides, do you trust anyone who stays in school that long? I don't. That's why I never had teachers who liked me. They understood my disdain immediately.

Do doctors even need that much training? Call me a realist, but if I start seizing on a plane, I assume I'm a goner. Does every doctor from a pediatrician to a proctologist needs to know what to do? Besides, if the doctor around me when I need it is too good, I'm afraid  he won't help me because it could hurt his numbers.

I know their dirty little secret anyway: the nurses DO everything. Doctors just sign it off. And, nurses didn't go through as much school. Also, no, I don't feel bad that the nurses get all the shit work. If you are smart enough to get through nursing school then you are smart enough to know doctors will shit on you. You made your bed, now lay on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment