Friday, February 7, 2020

Delayed Reaction: Klaus


Premise: A lazy mail carrier accidentally creates the legend of Santa Claus.

After Klaus won its second major Oscar precursor award, I decided I better watch it. There nothing more embarrassing than when a movie wins an Oscar and I realize I haven't seen it yet (...No? That's just a concern for me?). Well, anyway, this was a quick and easy way to cover my ass.

I guess I can see why this movie has been winning some awards. The animation style is district, and I imagine animation purists appreciate the 2-D look. It's a pleasant movie with a good voice cast. Fairly short too. The humor doesn't play only to children, which I'm sure parents appreciate. I appreciated the game of the movie. It took all the Christmas traditions and legends (which are all pretty weird when you think about them - North pole, flying reindeer, toy maker, cookies and milk), and reverse-engineered where they all could've come from.

Probably the only thing I specifically didn't care for about the movie was that I was watching a Christmas movie in February. That felt wrong. I mean, it's not Reindeer Games*.

*Released February 25, 2000 because of delays.

Verdict: Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment