Saturday, September 22, 2012

Emmy Hopes

In all the fun of going through the dozens of categories in detail despite not having seen any of the nominees in several categories and making predictions for who will and won't win and why, I nearly forgot to put on the record who I want to win.
I'm going to do my best to soapboxing about snubs and the like, so if you'd really like to know who I think is missing, you can check my Emmy Reactions post.
I also don't want to go over who I think will win again, so check out those posts for that info:

Directing
Writing
Guest Acting
Supporting Acting
Lead Acting
Series

Ok. That's covered. Onto the fun.

Comedy

Series: Girls - I only recently watched it. Easily a top 5 comedy for me. The problem is, the other 4 weren't nominated. I would be super happy for this to win though.

Lead Actor: Louie CK for Louie - Find me a more nuanced, hilarious, heartbreaking performance. You can't.

Lead Actress: Amy Poehler for Parks & Rec. - One of the finest comedic performances in the past decade. She simply must get recognized for this.

Supporting Actor: Bill Hader for SNL - He was good. Far from my pick overall. Mostly, I don't want another Modern Family sweep.

Supporting Actress: Mayim Bialik for Big Bang Theory - Amy Farrah Fowler has nearly Urkeled the show and to it's benefit.

Writing: "Win, Lose, or Draw" Parks & Rec. - I want them all to win. When it comes down to it, Parks & Rec. is the least excusible Emmy oversight and deserves this win for not being in the run for series.

Directing: "Duckling" Louie - Best in the field. I wouldn't hate Girls winning, but "Duckling" was the most impressive direction overall.

Drama

Series: Breaking Bad - Begining to end, a great season. Homeland and Mad Men would both be acceptible alternatives.

Lead Actor: Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad - I've given up on spreading the wealth. Hamm is certainly deserving, maybe not for this season. Same goes for Hall. Lewis was great, but upstaged by Danes and Patinkin too often. I can't speak for the other two nominees.

Lead Actress: Claire Danes for Homeland - She was so good in this.

Supporting Actor: Breaking Bad. Giancarlo Esposito or Aaron Paul were both spectacular. I give Paul my personal edge, however Esposito was about the coolest villain I've seen in a while.

Supporting Actress: Christina Hendricks for Mad Men - It's time. Mad Men needs an acting win and her work this season more than earned one.

Writing: "Far Away Places" Mad Men - I think the other two Mad Men episodes hit you in the gut more, but this one is the episode I'll remember best, not hinging on a couple scenes.

Directing: "Face Off" Breaking Bad - I have never seen a show ramp up the tension for an entire season and conclude it so satisfyingly.

Mini-Series/Movie


Series: Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia - I'm not invested, but I'd enjoy the win.

Lead Actor: I don't care.

Lead Actress: I don't care.

Supporting Actor: I don't care.

Supporting Actress: I don't care.

Writing: Steven Moffat for Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia - I love Steven Moffat and haven't seen any of the nominees.

Directing: Sherlock: Paul McGuigan for Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia - Pretty much due to bleed-over of Steven Moffat love.

Reality

Reality Competition: The Voice. Just to seal the fate of American Idol.

Host: Super don't care.


Variety


Variety Series: The Daily Show - 1) It's going to win. 2) It should win.

Variety Special Writing: Live at the Beacon Theater - I love Louis CK and this was a great special.

Variety Special Direction: Live at the Beacon Theater - I love Louis CK and this was a great special.

No comments:

Post a Comment