Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Emmy Predictions 2012 - Results


Way back in September 2011, I made 10 predictions about the 2012 Emmys. Oddly, that became the most viewed page I have. I guess the audacity of prognosticating that far in advanced struck some curiosity, or so few people did it that it buffered me in search results. Whatever the case may be, it's time to see how I did.

Prediction: Zooey Deschanel will get a nomination for Lead Actress in a Comedy series after a season of heavy lifting on New Girl's first season,

Reality: Correct, although the show did balance itself by the end of the season. (+1)
 

Prediction: Shameless reclassifies itself as a Comedy and Emmy Rossum also get that Lead Actress nomination everyone assumed she would get this year.


Reality: Wrong on all accounts. Wishful thinking and Emmy blindness. I can't even blame a lack of awareness of Showtime drama either. (+0)


Prediction: Glee continues it's fall from grace, this time getting snubbed from Outstanding Comedy Series and getting noms. for Jane Lynch or Chris Colfer (not both).

Reality: I'm calling this correct even though it slightly outpaced my prediction, landing 0 supporting noms but a guest acting nom. (+1)


Prediction: Daily Show goes for 10 in a row. (Like it needed to be said)

Reality: It didn't need to be said. (+1)


Prediction: Mad Men's streak ends, but the award doesn't go far. Mad Men fails to make history as the first 5 time drama winner due to Breaking Bad dethroning the champ.

Reality: I was halfway right. Mad Men didn't go for an historic 5th win. The big prize continues to elude Breaking Bad though. (+.5)


Prediction: More than Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston get acting noms. from Breaking Bad.

Reality: Nailed it. I think this will be the nomination high point though. (+1)


Prediction: Nick Offerman finally gets his nomination.

Reality: I don't want to talk about. (+0)


Prediction: Community ends it's major Emmy snubbing with something small (Guest Actor for John Goodman, perhaps).

Reality: I'm crediting this as correct although I arguably aimed too small. A writing nom was more than I could've hoped for. (+1)


Prediction: A Post-Carrell Office still gets an Outstanding Comedy Series nom. along with a nom. for Spader in whatever category he submits in.

Reality: I was gleefully wrong. It got even worse to the point that even the Emmys couldn't ignore. (+0)


Prediction: <<<Biggest Longshot of this list>>> I watch at least one of the nominees for MiniSeries or Movie before the awards ceremony. 

Reality: Nope. My bad. (+0)


 In all, I went 5.5/10. More right than wrong is pretty good. Time to start working on a few guesses for next year.

1 comment:

  1. My prediction: THE OUTS gets picked up by a network and sweeps Writing, Directing, Supporting Actress, and Series.

    ReplyDelete