Monday, December 6, 2021

Quick Reaction: Submergence


The danger of picking movies just because of the stars is that sometimes there's a reason I've never heard of them before. Alicia Vikander and James McAvoy are decent in this movie, and director Wim Wenders has a long and successful career with some real classics in there. This is such a lifeless movie though. I like the parallels of Vikander and McAvoy both being confined in different ways, reflecting on their time together. The flashbacks aren't a great romance of much interest, and their present situations aren't intriguing either. It's a real "sand through the fingers" movie. I know I watched it. I didn't loathe my experience watching it. Yet, it made no impression on me. If you want to see Vikander or McAvoy is something, there's a long list of movies to watch before ever needing to get to this one.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment