Sunday, December 26, 2021

Quick Reaction: Aftermath


The less said about this the better. Normally if I start a movie, I finish it because of the sunk cost fallacy. If nothing else, it's a movie to add to my seen tally. Some of the only movies I've stopped midway through look a lot like Aftermath. And I should've stopped Aftermath too. It's not helping anyone by continuing to watch, because the less interested I am, the less I'm paying attention and the less I actually recall. Like, it's been a couple days and most of what I remember is that this ends up being a lot like The Boy. Within a couple scenes, I was already checked out. I'd love to know a little more about the production of this, because the first several scenes have some truly awful ADR. It almost seemed dubbed - Suspiria-style. It really makes me appreciate sound mixing. Because this sounds like they shot outdoor scenes, added clean dialogue later (which is a common enough process), but did very little to stop it from sounding like a booth recording slapped over the other audio. I don't know. Aftermath is a slightly better cast Hallmark Mystery movie. If that's your thing, enjoy.

 

Verdict: Strongly Don't Recommend

 

No comments:

Post a Comment