Monday, December 11, 2017

Delayed Reaction: The Beatles: Eight Days A Week: The Touring Years

The Pitch: Have you heard of these guys, The Beatles? They were pretty popular.

The title explains it. A documentary about the years when the Beatles were still touring.

This is in that category of documentaries that aren't useful to me but could be for someone else. I'm not a Beatles obsessive, but I know an average to above-average amount about their history. So, little of this documentary was new to me. It added a little context that I didn't have before. The restored footage was nice. That's about it though. Documentaries, in their very nature, are meant to teach. Otherwise, they'd be fiction. In that respect, I didn't get much out of the doc. For someone less familiar with the Beatles, this is a great summary of their rise to fame. This has the added benefit of not having to deal with the fall at all. Around the time they stopped touring is when some cracks in the foundation started forming. The decision to stop touring was a symptom of the problems, not a cause, mind you.

So, yeah. This was entertaining and pretty short. It's not trying to do or say anything new. It's unneeded, not unwelcome. That's about all I have to say.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment