Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Quick Reaction: Tunisian Victory


These WWII propaganda films are fun. This is a contemporary documentary released in 1944. I’m intrigued by anything WWII made before the war was done. At that point, it was clear where things were going, but it wasn’t quite complete. Tunisian Victory has the added feature that it’s about a part of the war I almost never hear about. I hear a ton about what was going on in Europe and the Pacific. Less is said about North Africa. I’ve heard the name Rommel and I guess that’s where Eisenhower spent some of his time, but I hear so little about the stakes, phases, and consequences of the African part of WWII. So, Tunisian Victory was informative in that respect. At the end of the day though, this is a propaganda documentary. It felt like the dad in a horror movie telling his kids everything was going to be ok. It was clearly trying to sell me something. But I knew that going in.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don’t Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment