Monday, May 16, 2022

Quick Reaction: Dreamland


I really have little to say about this. I watched it not realizing Margot Robbie was the Gatsby of the story. It’s Finn Cole’s movie about how he came to know Robbie’s bank robber character. I’m afraid I didn’t find her as fascinating as Cole did. And it’s a movie where the narration does too much of the work. Instead of saying the things that can’t be said otherwise, the narrator is saying the quiet parts loudly. It’s not a complete failure of a movie by any means. The period detail is nice. I appreciate how much Robbie likes to play characters with a little dirt on their face. I'm intrigued by these movies with A-list starts that quietly disappear, and it makes a lot of sense that this one doesn’t exist already.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don’t Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment