Friday, August 13, 2021

Quick Reaction: The Cloverfield Paradox


Honestly, I've gotten a little behind on these Reactions, and it turns out that The Cloverfield Paradox isn't a movie with a lot that I've held onto. I watched this mainly out of respect for the Cloverfield brand and for the awesome cast. I mention how Gugu Mbatha-Raw should be a bigger star every time I see her in something. The same goes for most of the rest of the cast: David Oyelowo, Daniel Bruhl, Chris O'Dowd, Elizabeth Debicki, John Ortiz, etc. And the first two Cloverfield movies were good in very different ways. The Cloverfield Paradox though felt much more generic. I don't think I've seen this exact story before, but it's definitely a blend of Alien, The Thing, Life, and it feels like a dozen other Sci-Fi movies. It's a shame that the most interesting part of the movie is the final shot. I really wanted to believe a movie with a cast this good wouldn't be so meh, but it really is.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment