Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Delayed Reaction: The Overnight

The Pitch: A couple that is new to California becomes friends with a strange couple who they spend a night getting to know.

This is an odd little movie. I love the cast. Adam Scott and Taylor Schilling are old pros at playing the straight man in a comic situation. Scott also gets to be a little weird which he does better than he's given credit for. Jason Schwartzman loves playing this kind of self-assured crazy person. I don't know Judith Goderche, but she fits in nicely.

I don't think I found the movie as funny as it was trying to be. That didn't matter much, because everything comes together so nicely and interestingly at the end. I didn't expect it to play out like that and it felt very appropriate for all the adventures leading up to it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment