Saturday, November 19, 2022

Quick Reaction: May the Devil Take You


This is a good example of horror that I don’t really understand the plot, but I liked it because it looked cool. I get the basics: the father made a deal with the devil for riches, betrays the satanic priestess, and curses his family. My main takeaway from the movie though is that the supernatural forces look gnarly and the voodoo stuff looks cool. From the little international horror I’ve seen, the films tend to fall into two camps: the original ideas that Hollywood takes and normally messes up and the really common horror idea that gets some local flair. May the Devil Take You is in that latter category. That’s less interesting in the scheme of things, but I’ll take well-made horror however I can get it.

Verdict: Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment