Monday, May 3, 2021

Quick Reaction: Melody Time


I guess I'm dying on the "bring back package films" hill. I get why they don't get released anymore. We have this thing called kids TV programming now which takes care of that need for a collection of animated shorts. I think there's a way to make them work though. Melody Time isn't a particularly coherent movie. It's a collection of song-based animated segments. I like the variety of animation types. Some of the songs are catchy. It's missing a lot of the classic characters, which, at this point is disappointing. I understand that in 1948, Mickey saturation was a lot higher, so he didn't need to be in everything. I missed him though. As a fan of the Disney Parks, I liked getting the Pecos Bill segment. Maybe one day I'll get every Disney reference in the parks. I mean, I won't, but it's a fine dream. 75 minutes was the right length for this. I definitely plan to make a habit of continuing to work through these lovely package films.

 

Verdict: Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment