Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Favors

Early January is my favorite time to ask anyone for a favor. You see, it is the perfect time of year. Everyone is fresh off Christmas...or Chanukah or Kwanzaa. It doesn't matter. They just got gifts and watched a lot of happy propaganda films (called Christmas movies). Then, it is New Years, when everyone makes a resolution that's something like "I am going to be a better person starting today, and if I could do it X lbs. lighter, that would be great." So, I take this new found (and short-lived) goodwill and use it for my own gain, borrowing CDs and movies that I never plan on returning and finding someone to help me move my couch upstairs without ever doing anything in return because that would directly conflict with my resolutions: "Never turn down a free lunch" and "refuse to tip".

No comments:

Post a Comment