Thursday, October 6, 2011

Food Quality

The level of quality a place brags about tells me a lot about the establishment. Sometimes it is pretty obvious when you should be worried. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to realize that a burger place with a "100% Real Meat" sign is working off lower expectations than the "100% Reaf Beef" place down the street. The devil's in the deets (or "details" as non-cool peeps say [or "people" as less cool people say]) though. Why is one place going on about beef when another has "grade A" beef? Not that I actually know anything about the food grading system. Is choice better than select? (wouldn't good, better, best be a better - I'm sorry - more choice scale?) One for the ages as far as I'm concerned. I'm a classy guy though, so I'll be ordering off the dollar menu of the "grade A" beef place.
There's one place that ranks below all the others though: The Quotation Mark place. I will choose 100% Meat over 100% Grade A Super-Select "beef" 10 times out of 10. That's a little too transparent if you ask me. And don't get me wrong, I've eaten a lot of shit in my life and have the Taco Bell receipts to prove it. In Taco Bell's case, I think people are being too harsh about things like it not being real beef that they use. You know what? Good, I don't want to think real beef tastes like that. I'm not going there to feel good about myself. I'm not going with my friends for the authentic Mexican dining experience. I think that illusion was broken when I passed the homeless man throwing up outside. I'm at Taco Bell because all I have is change and nothing else sounded good.
When it all comes down to it, what my point is is that I am getting fast food, I'm not getting food fast. I want something that is fast first, food second. Any time the customer is put into am assembly line, I'm not concerned over getting a 100% beef patty, with real cheddar cheese, locally grown tomatoes on whole grain bread with a side of natural cut fries with authentic sea salt, soda made with natural flavors and a toy that was rescued from the sunken remains of the Lusitania. Yeah, I'm ordering from the kid's menu. For fuck's sake, it's not a high class meal. It's numbered. Can't be that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment