Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Who am I ?!

Reasons to start a blog:
1) You think you have something to say.
2) You believe you have something to say that others care to hear.
3) You have too much free time.
4) Someone once told you "You should start a blog" and you took it too heart despite it being an empty compliment.
5) You have a job that allows you a great deal of free time, and find yourself writing pages at a time about a variety of topics in between answering calls at your desk and have compiled such a large back list of rants that keeping them to yourself any longer would mean you have a diary which is something no 23, shit, I had a birthday, 24 year old should have.

Obviously, I am a victim of reason #3. But, aren't there better alternatives? No. Not for my purposes, so shut it.
Facebook: It does have much higher traffic. More people would be able to see what you have to say. People that even know you and would possibly even consider reading what I have to say. The problem is, I'm hoping for a relative degree of anonymity. Besides, my mom has Facebook. I don't need her knowing how much I love words like fuck, shit, damn, and cock.
Twitter: Fuck Twitter. Need there be a better reason.*
Personal Website: I'm not buying a website. 3 people a month will go to this and I still feel betrayed after watching the extended cuts of the GoDaddy commercials.

That brings me to the title of this post. Who am I?


I am a blog of rants. My author is a man bothered by almost everything in some way. I have an opinion about everything. Whether it be prepared or made on the spot, I try to have an answer for anything, be it informed, ignorant, or surreal. The only other important detail is that goal number one is humor. DO NOT READ THIS SERIOUSLY. I implore you. Half the shit I say is in jest. The other half is exaggerated unless otherwise noted.
My goal is not to let the reader know me better. At best it will give an insight into how my mind works, what I find funny, where I will and will not go for a chuckle.

We will see how long this blog lasts. I give it a month.**


*Note: This had the construction of a question, but the obviousness of the answer takes away the need to answer it.
 ** I'm not big on proofreading. Pardon the typos.

1 comment:

  1. Or, you just wanna get on the Blog Train with your friends!

    ReplyDelete