Thursday, January 30, 2020

Quick Reaction: Three Colors: Blue


I'm embarrassingly behind on writing Reactions. At the time of writing this, I'm a couple weeks removed from watching this movie. That's fine. Even day-of, I don't think I'd have more than a Quick Reaction's worth of thoughts on it. I've wanted to get to Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy for a while. Accurate or not, they are what I imagine when I think of stereotypical 90's European Cinema. This movie is fine. Juliette Binoche is always great. The whole movie is basically following her around as she's sad all the time, which Binoche is perfect for. I wonder if I'll have more to say once I get through all three movies, even though I know they aren't narratively connected. This was good though. A nice little movie about grief.

Verdict: Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment