Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Preview

Shit! The floodgates are open. I should've seen it coming but I didn't. All those months of keeping up with a movie a week (at least) during the slow months (Jan-Apr) lowered my threshold for what's worth seeing. Now that it's the busy summer months and I keep telling myself "well, I saw The Last Stand, so surely I can see ______". That means, for the second month in a row, I have too many movies to see, the free time and funds to see them, and the diminished will to say "No".

6/7

So Arrested Development can't use Google but this can?
The Lock: The Internship
This hardly looks like a Wedding Crashers. The premise is a stretch. It only has a PG-13 rating. Not a lot is working in its favor beyond a lack of strong alternatives, the good rapport between Wilson and Vaughn, and what looks like a strong supporting cast. That should be enough. Hopefully it exceeds my expectations.
Odds I'll See It: 60%

In Consideration:
 I'm sure they're up to something good.
The Purge - The premise sounds interesting: a family trying to survive a legal vigilante night or something. I'd have to hear a lot of great things about it before I'd bother seeing it in theaters though.
Odds I'll See It: 5%

Classy
Much Ado About Nothing - Realistically, I'm only seeing this if one of my Joss Whedon fan friends invites me to see it and I have nothing else to do.
Odds I'll See It: 15%

6/14
 I'm sure it's fine, whatever it is.
The Lock: This Is the End
This fits all my comedy prerequisites. The writers of Superbad: check. A cast of Apatow production regulars: check. Self-effacing Hollywood humor: check. R-Rated comedy: check. To say that I'm excited for this movie would be redundant.
Odds I'll See It: 100%

I hope he punches someone this time.
The [Other] Lock: Man of Steel
The Nolan name attached to the production is all I need for this to go from "I'll probably see it because it's a superhero movie" to "I'll be planning my weekend around this".
Odds I'll See It: 100%

In Consideration:
She grew up.
The Bling Ring - I think I already have a pact with at least one friend to see this. The way I see it, I saw Spring Breakers so I'm likely to see this. That's a full weekend though.
Odds I'll See It: 50%


6/21
They look so young.
The Lock: Monsters University
Pixar has my blind seal of approval, but as Cars 2 proved, sequels don't get the same benefit of the doubt. I am much more favorable to Monsters Inc. than Cars so that works in its favor. There's a chance that I get backed up from the previous weekend. Otherwise, I assume I'll see this.
Odds I'll See It: 65%

In Consideration:
Teamwork!
World War Z - Is it possible to see so many previews for a movie that I no longer want to see it? If so, that is certainly the case with this. Also, rumors of production issues and zombie over-saturation is working against it.
Odds I'll See It: 30%


6/28
It's like an older, feminine Bad Boys, right?
The Lock: The Heat
Paul Fieg directing. Sandra Bullock doing a comedy. Melissa McCarthy no doing all the heavy lifting. Buddy cop hijinks. This has all the makings of a good summer comedy.
Odds I'll See It: 75%

In Consideration:
Reminds me of Independence Day. How about you?
White House Down - I thought about not even listing it. Unless it starts lighting the box office ablaze I'm likely to skip it. I do like Channing Tatum though, so maybe that'll be enough to get me in the theater.
Odds I'll See It: 10%

Vampires look way better than zombies.
Byzantium - I feel like I read a favorable review about this a while back, but I can't find it now. Maybe I made that up. Maybe this movie is awful. A dark vampire movie is not my thing usually, so it's doubtful I get around to this, even once it makes it to my Netflix queue.
Odds I'll See It: 2%

No comments:

Post a Comment