Thursday, November 11, 2021

Delayed Reaction: Project A Part 2

Premise: Sergeant Dragon Ma is transferred to be in charge of a district where the superintendent is suspected of staging the crimes he stops.

 


Yeah. That's the good stuff. The Project A movies aren't my favorite of the Jackie Chan films, but they do deliver the things I want out of his movies. The stunts and action set pieces are appropriately big. That handcuff fight has bonkers choreography. The gags are good too. There's that scene following the handcuff fight when several people are hiding in Yesan's house. It maybe goes on a little too long, but I love all the different close calls and hiding places. It's the same kind of direction that won Modern Family and Frasier Emmy after Emmy in their day.

 

As always, the credits showing bloopers are a highlight, since they remind me how hard all of these stunts are. It's funny to me how often the worst on set injuries come from the most meaningless stunts. And this movie has the added bonus of footage of Jackie Chan singing the theme song for the movie. I guess more power to him, but "singer" is not a job I need Chan to fill.

 

Anyway, I remain a sucker for these movies and will be sad when I run out of them.

 

Verdict: Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment