Friday, January 6, 2023

Delayed Reaction: Mad God

Premise: An assassin travel through a dark underworld where...stuff happens.


This movie is beautiful. It's a stop motion feast for the eyes. Scene after scene I was amazed by the level of detail and depth on the screen. And those visuals are distinctively grim and ugly. I commend the level of craft involved in making this.

 

The movie overall didn't do much for me. It was craft without a ton of substance. The film is told wordlessly and is scene after scene of gnarly images. I totally get the people who really fell hard for this. There are different kinds of movie fans out there. I'm clearly not a target for this one. Seriously, it's worth checking a few minutes out though. You'll know quickly if the movie is for you or not, and it is for you, it'll entrance you right away.

 

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment