Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Celebrity Death "Do I Care?" Index: Paul Walker

Since my free time is seemingly limitless, I figure it's time for a new kind of blog post. Whenever I feel like it and, more importantly, when someone famous enough to be the lead story on IMDB for an afternoon dies, I'm going to figure out how much I do or do not give a fuck. In this edition, I take on Mr. Fast and Furious himself * the prettiest person in Into the Blue ** my favorite popular friend of Freddie Prinze Jr. in She's All That ***: Paul Walker.

*I'm pretty sure Vin Diesel is the real face of that franchise.
** No, Jessica Alba has that award locked up.
*** Forgot about Dule Hill.



Movies I Remember Him In:
Varsity Blues (1999) - He plays a great asshole.
The Fast and the Furious (2001) - Remember, the one where he was a cop still?
2 Fast 2 Lazy to Spell Out a Three Letter Word (2003)
Fast & Furious (2009) - Even the producers got tired of trying with the titles.
Fast Five (2011)
Fast 6 (2013) - Yep, they gave up titling these.

Basically, he is was super thankful to be in an unkillable franchise that somehow got better over time.



Movies I Forgot He Was In:
Pleasantville (1998) - He just wanted some cookies!
She's All That (1999) -He was the premiere late 90's pretty-boy, jock asshole.
Joy Ride (2001) - Why did I think this was Jesse Bradford?
Timeline (2003) - Truth be told, I try to forget about the movie, not that he was in it.
Into the Blue (2005) - I'm told that people other than Jessica Alba in a bikini were in this. I'm yet to watch it and notice anyone though.
Eight Below (2006) - Wait. This wasn't a Cuba Gooding Jr. movie?
Flags of Our Father (2006) - To be fair, everyone was in this, like Black Hawk Down...was he in Black Hawk Down?

Wait I've realized is that I've seen a lot of Paul Walker Movies. I'm like 6 away from seeing the whole filmography. Mathematically, that means I must've been a Paul Walker fan (circumstantially, not intentionally).


Oh, there he is
Movies That He Was Still Working On:
Fast & Furious...I lost count (2014...who the hell knows now?)

While the movie has technically lost its lead, Fast & Furious is not Indiana Jones. It can survive without him and Vin Diesel, The Rock, and [for me] Jordana Brewster are the major draws these days.

Any Other Reason I Should Care:
Sadly, no.

I'm sure he was a nice enough guy. He was in a lot of movies that I liked or didn't hate, but he has never been the reason why I've liked a movie. Outside of acting, there were no projects he had that I cared about. So far the most interesting thing about him dying is the "art imitates life" way it happened.

Verdict: I'm pretty indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment